Saturday, January 31, 2009

MY STRENGTH

When I started to walk
She gave me her hand
And walked with me through the life
Form strand to strand

When I was afraid of something
He was always by my side
And on his tiny scooter
Every morning he gave me a lovely ride

When I went to school
She tied laces of my shoes
After getting her warm hugs
I forget all my woes

When I used to feel low
He made me feel grow
After telling him a lie
I always hide my face from pillow

When I cross the road
She was there to hold
What is right, what is wrong
Except her no one ever told

When I wanted to watch cinema
He brought me tickets
Everyday in the evening
Both of us played cricket

When I did something wrong
She gave me stern look
Taught me how to behave
And also taught me to cook

When I was nervous before exams
He gave me strength
Because of his faith in me
I topped in tenth

When I did things wrong
She gave me scolding
I wonder how she always knows
And sense the outward thing


When I was in confusion
He was a perfect solution
Always solved my doubts
And cleared my hesitation

13 comments:

  1. lovely poem yaar......
    awesome wordings and looks like u've been digging your thinking a lot..:)
    keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this poem reflects the importance of uncle and aunty in your life...its a true feeling...
    everyone feels it but there r a few like u who can express it so clearly....
    keep it up....mail this poem to them too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how often do we take these actions by our parents as "for granted"...great that u can relive those memories and express them so-so beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice yaar... Really gr8 effort.
    This poem is really very close to everyone's heart. I miss those days.Really parents care too much, nobody can that much care.
    luv u papa and mummy.

    GOD made a wonderful mother,
    A mother who never grows old;
    He made her smile of the sunshine,
    And He molded her heart of pure gold;
    In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,
    In her cheeks, fair roses you see;
    God made a wonderful mother,
    And He gave that dear mother to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a kid has explained what all she has been through her early years , nice :)
    how kiddish again :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shilpi
    It's nice blog
    Keep up the good work

    Cheers
    Prakash
    Prakash156@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice yar...its really touching....
    miss u mummy and papa

    ReplyDelete
  8. heylo....i m late..i regret it yaa.
    arey miss poetess,where u had hidden this talent of urs.i am surprised tht u had written all this. nd im realy elated tht u hv nt forgotten ur sketching. keep it up....gr888 job.
    luv yaa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi shilpi it is awesome n the poem about parents was fabulous seriously poem has all those things which we have really learned from our mummy and papa

    ReplyDelete
  10. very touching........hope u ll get all these blessings forever in your life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    First poem to come across which mentions both the Mom and the Dad. Copying it without ur permission.

    Keep Writing :)

    aejeet

    ReplyDelete